Friday, January 17, 2014

Woolfolk Records 1951/12


Down with Crime 5

With a small number of scripts written this month, William Woolfolk still sells to the usual three publishers: Fawcett, Orbit, and Quality.

This month and next, some crime stories go to Fawcett as well as Orbit; the former pays $10 a page, the latter $12.50.

UPDATE: darkmark found the Sex Was My Weapon story--under a different title, even pre-code.

December 1951 Comic Book Scripts by William Woolfolk

10 pg  No Jail Can Hold Me escape artist
"No Jail Can Hold Me" Down with Crime 5, July/52
Mad Dog Killer trigger happy gunman
"Trigger Happy" Wanted 47, May/52
Doll Man battles the beast man
"The Beast Man" DM 41, Aug/52
10  The Big Pay-Off doctor forced to harbor his fugitive brother
"Waiting for Death" Suspense Detective 3, Oct/52
10  Sex Was My Weapon gal who uses sex to get man she wants
 "I Was Careless with My Kisses" Love Journal 14, June/52

2 comments:

  1. "Sex Was My Weapon" sounds like "Careless With My Kisses" from LOVE JOURNAL #14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a look at the story I agree--it is.

    ReplyDelete